Spire Healthcare won the award due to our performance in 2013. Highlights from 2013 included:
- Investment of £13m in a new cancer centre in Bristol
- A new partnership between Spire’s Perform site at St George’s Park and Michael Johnson Performance
- Continued investment in hospitals including new scanners and a cardiac catheterisation lab at Spire Cardiff Hospital
- Continued high patient and consultant satisfaction scores
- Exemplary clinical outcomes. In 2013, there were no cases of MRSA bacteraemia reported across our hospitals. Data from the Department of Health showed that three Spire hospitals ranked in the top 25 providers for hip replacement, with four also ranked in the top 10 for knee replacement.
We are delighted to have won the award and we are pleased that the judges at HealthInvestor recognised the investments made in the company, and the dedication and hard work everyone at Spire gives to provide high quality patient care.