For year ended 31 December 2016
- 94.7% of patients are seen within 18 weeks of referral (national standard:92%, NHS 89.7%).
- Our Net Promoter Score, a measure which aligns our patient satisfaction reporting with the NHS and other providers, improved to 83 (2015:82).
- 274,100 patient discharges (in-patient and day-cases) - an increase of 1.5% on 2015 (270,000).
95% of consultants believe our hospitals go out of their way to make a difference to their working relationship.
93% of employees believe what they do at work makes a positive difference. We provide a wide range of training, and a flexible supportive working environment.
2016 has seen a +9% growth in NHS e-referral admissions. We deliver value for money, price transparency, patient choice and additional capacity to help relieve pressure on overstretched NHS hospitals.
2.5p proposed final dividend per share (+4.2%). We aim to continue to pay a dividend in line with our policy and to return excess cash to shareholders when available.
- £926.4 million, an increase of 4.7% on 2015 (£884.8 million)
- £162.0 million Adjusted EBITDAR in 2016, an increase of £1.9 million, or 1.2% (2015:£160.1 million)
Over £875 million capital investment in Spire Healthcare since 2007